From starting to financing your business, we have it all!
Click on an event below to register.
This 7-week program was designed around the Thunderbird School Of Global Management’s DreamBuilder Program to assist students in starting and expanding their businesses and creating their business plan.
We have classes meet every THURSDAY evening for 7 weeks.
**Please note: this class will be half instruction and half online work that requires two hours out of the week**
Academy Dates: October 4th through November 15, 2018
Event Address: 4520 N. Central Avenue Suite 550, Phoenix, AZ 85012
Time: 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Contact us at (602)601-7200 ext 4, firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you starting a new business or thinking about it?
This session is an essential step in developing a business plan that will increase your chances of being successful.
- Should you start now?
- What about money
Find out what it takes to get started on the best path for your business.
*** Free ***
- Steve Feld is a certified business coach with FocalPoint. He owned a district office for Farmers Insurance, where he recruited, trained, coached, and consulted agents. Steve was a COO/CFO for a large non-profit organization, the Harlem Globetrotters, General Manager for RAWHIDE an 1880’s Western Theme town, he also traveled around the world working for many different musical acts such as The Eagles, Paul Simon and Jimmy Buffett improving merchandising operations at the venues, he has owned two managerial consulting practices working with start-up, small and medium-sized businesses. Steve has over 30 years in business operations/marketing experience in a variety of industries and sizes, along with being part of 3 different Fortune 500 companies – always contributing to their profitability and growth. Since graduating from Colorado State University with a B.S. in Economics he has obtained his M.B.A., and is 6-Sigma Green Belt certified. He is the recipient of numerous local and national business awards.
- Steve Engelhardt is privileged to have worked with literally thousands of businesses to improve their operations and finances. His primary career was sales of very of high tech products and software to the banking and financial industry. He Also worked for two third-party consulting firms that specialized in increasing profits and cost control for clients.Steve is highly skilled in teaching business owners and managers financial skills and how to “manage by the numbers.” His particular specialties are: sales metrics and forecasting, hiring and developing successful employees, writing effective proposals, developing presentations and techniques for cost justification of major purchases.
Steve is a former bank holding company director and currently serves on several boards of a travel company, a semiconductor company and the East Valley Institute of Technology Banking School where he also teaches.
There are a few things as exciting as starting your own business, but is Arizona the place to do it?
Fast Company has ranked Arizona #1 in the nation for entrepreneurial activity; our state leads the country in projected job growth according to Forbes, and Chief Executive recently included Arizona on its Top 10 States for Business list.
Snell & Wilmer Partner Brian J. Burt will discuss issues related to starting a new business and share lessons learned personally and from clients’ entrepreneurial experiences.
Topics for this workshop will include:
– Creating a business plan (i.e., how do you make money?)
– Protecting your personal assets by forming a company
– Selecting the right form of entity and creating a company
– Start-up funding
– What it means to have partners and how to bring them in
– Basic agreements every new business should have
– Developing and protecting your brand
– Building your advisory team